Customer Support Engineer Full-time Job6 days ago - Tech Support - Ottawa - 7 views
Help build the future of networking
Rooted in a vision to end decades of unnecessary complexity, Rockport Networks has built a highly-performant scalable switchless network, reimagining the future of networking. Working with the industry’s most leading-edge customers, our mission is to Simplify the Network®.
A rare opportunity for early involvement in a well-funded stealth-mode start-up, you will be surrounded by coworkers who are passionate about what they do and proud of the products they build. We offer a collaborative environment with room to grow and the opportunity to help build a company with an amazing team.
Ready to be part of something big? Let’s get started.
ROCKPORT NETWORKS IS LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMER SUPPORT ENGINEER
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will apply your client facing experience in order to provide world class customer support to Rockport's clients. You will work closely with clients to identify and resolve technical issues with Rockport's networking products. Reporting to the Director of Customer Care, you will have the opportunity to make serious impacts to the success of Rockport's business as you design, propose, and implement improvements to our processes and procedures. You will love this role if you enjoy building on new processes and if you are passionate about working with both people and technology in order to build strong relationships, a better customer experience, and a better product.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build strong relationships with clients while providing post implementation technical support
- Contribute to the overall business growth by identifying, proposing, and implementing process improvements and/or implementing new processes from the ground up
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to identity, resolve, and document all technical issues with Rockport’s cutting-edge network technologies.
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide timely resolutions to client support tickets
- Manage client support tickets to resolution
- Develop customer facing support documentation and summarize common support issues as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation (including nights) supporting Rockport’s global customer base.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ROCKPORT
- 5+ years of experience providing post implementation customer support or helpdesk services
- 3+ years of experience performing root cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems and networking technologies (Ethernet, TCP/IP)
- Experience with scripting languages like Unix Shell, Bash, Python, Perl or TCL.
- Experience working with virtual and high availability environments (e.g., VMware, vSphere, azure)
- Familiarity of High-Performance Compute architectures
- Experience or knowledge of RDMA, specifically, RDMA over Converged Ethernet
- Networking certification(s), such as CCNA
- A Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with distributed computing applications (e.g., Hadoop) and distributed file systems (e.g., Lustre)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Get in on the ground floor of a dynamic, fast-growing company that is changing the future of networking
- Have an opportunity to make an impact in a collaborative, team-based work environment
- Flexible work hours and option to work remotely
- Comprehensive benefits package as of your first day with Rockport
- A progressive vacation policy
Come work at a company where your contribution will be recognized and rewarded, and the potential for growth is enormous.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NEXT
If you are interested in applying for this Customer Support Engineer job, click “Apply for this job” to get started and take the first step. This role is based out of our Ottawa, Ontario office. In addition, all applicants must be eligible to obtain a Secret (Level II) Security Clearance.
Rockport Networks is continuing to conduct all interviewing and on-boarding virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Rockport employees will continue to primarily work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices.
WHO IS ROCKPORT NETWORKS
Rockport’s success can be credited to our world class team and corporate culture. Every employee makes a real impact our success in creating our innovative switchless networking architecture for our customers. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team that is disrupting the very foundations of networking, we want to hear from you!
Rockport Networks is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, Rockport is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
At Rockport we’re challenging the traditional data center network architecture of the past three decades. Our Autonomous Networking model is an entirely new approach which boosts performance and delivers such remarkable power savings that it’s been acknowledged as a sustainable technology. Our leadership is an A-team of seasoned professionals who’ve launched multiple start-ups and also worked in some of the largest companies in the industry. They’ve come together at Rockport, united and inspired by the incredible vision behind the company’s products. At Rockport, you will come to work every day, knowing your efforts are helping shape a faster, cleaner option for the unrelenting growth in the world’s storage and processing of data.