Embedded Software Developer Full-time Job6 days ago - Application Developer - Ottawa - 2 views
Help build the future of networking
Rooted in a vision to end decades of unnecessary complexity, Rockport Networks has built a highly-performant scalable switchless network, reimagining the future of networking. Working with the industry’s most leading-edge customers, our mission is to Simplify the Network®.
A rare opportunity for early involvement in a well-funded stealth-mode start-up, you will be surrounded by coworkers who are passionate about what they do and proud of the products they build. We offer a collaborative environment with room to grow and the opportunity to help build a company with an amazing team.
Ready to be part of something big? Let’s get started.
ROCKPORT NETWORKS IS LOOKING FOR A EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
This opportunity offers an experienced embedded software developer the opportunity to become a key contributor in an exceptional team developing next generation networking products. As a member of Rockport’s growing team, you will contribute to the development of leading-edge networking technology while working with some of the best in the industry.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will design, implement, and deliver features within the embedded software running on our networking products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and implement embedded software features on new and existing hardware platforms
- Create design documentation from high level system requirements
- Perform software integration and lab debug
- Peer review the effort of others within the design team
- Support and assist the product verification team as needed
- Mentor more junior members within the team
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our software development methodologies
WHAT YOU BRING TO ROCKPORT
- 5-7 years in embedded software development roles
- Experience developing C/C++ applications on embedded Linux platforms
- Extensive knowledge of version control systems like Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Experience generating detailed design documentation from product specifications
- Experience using Linux as a desktop/server environment
- Knowledge of device drivers and other low-level software development
- Detailed knowledge of L2/L3 networking
- Familiarity with Yocto and the generation of Linux distributions
- Knowledge of network protocols like NETCONF, RESTCONF and SNMP
- Experience with the C#, Go or Java programming languages
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl or TCL
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Get in on the ground floor of a dynamic, fast-growing company that is changing the future of networking
- Have an opportunity to make an impact in a collaborative, team-based work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package as of your first day with Rockport
- A progressive vacation policy
- Flexible work hours and option to work remotely
Come work at a company where your contribution will be recognized and rewarded, and the potential for growth is enormous.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NEXT
If you are interested in applying for this embedded software developer job, click “Apply for this job” to get started and take the first step. This role is based out of our Ottawa, Ontario office. In addition, all applicants must be eligible to obtain a Secret (Level II) Security Clearance.
Rockport Networks is continuing to conduct all interviewing and on-boarding virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Rockport employees will continue to primarily work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices.
WHO IS ROCKPORT NETWORKS
Rockport’s success can be credited to our world class team and corporate culture. Every employee makes a real impact our success in creating our innovative switchless networking architecture for our customers. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team that is disrupting the very foundations of networking, we want to hear from you!
Rockport Networks is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, Rockport is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
At Rockport we’re challenging the traditional data center network architecture of the past three decades. Our Autonomous Networking model is an entirely new approach which boosts performance and delivers such remarkable power savings that it’s been acknowledged as a sustainable technology. Our leadership is an A-team of seasoned professionals who’ve launched multiple start-ups and also worked in some of the largest companies in the industry. They’ve come together at Rockport, united and inspired by the incredible vision behind the company’s products. At Rockport, you will come to work every day, knowing your efforts are helping shape a faster, cleaner option for the unrelenting growth in the world’s storage and processing of data.